- What is the cost of your services?
It depends on what kind of project, the size & the output that the client requires.
need to see the plans to give you a proposal.
Costs are quoted after receipt of project documents.
We go through the plans & specs to see how much
time it takes, then we give you a firm quotation.
- Is there a percentage or range of cost for your services?
Yes – You can use our fee schedule with lump sum rates, which can be found on our website. Once we have the plans, we figure out how much time to complete & then quote on firm price basis.
- Do you just do takeoffs?
We can do just a takeoff or provide labor and material
pricing. We cover all the divisions or just the
divisions you need. It is a very thorough takeoff. In
addition we also do estimates for design build from schematic
or narratives. We also do scheduling using the latest available
- What are included in your services?
- Detailed estimate of projected Construction
Costs - Cost Report .
- Spreadsheet estimating template on disk with specific plan quantities and
- Clear and understandable list of labor and material categories.
- Cost Reports are broken down into clear and understandable
categories and are based on prevailing labor, equipment costs and
locally available material costs.
- Spreadsheet templates are fully modifiable and offer a simple
and accurate way to refine your estimate or track actual costs on your
computer using a standard spreadsheet software.
- What are your deliverables?
For Pre-tender Services, planning or before bidding stage
o Detailed and comprehensive cost estimate - DCCE
o Bid Form, Pricing Preambles and Bill of Quantities for bidding purposes.
For Post-tender Services, after bidding stage
o Bid Evaluation report.
o Cost Models.
o Construction contract packages.
For Construction Services, during construction and implementation stage
o Technical cost audit.
o Change and Variation order management.
o Construction cost management
o Cost Close-out
- How can we avail of your estimating services?
Just give us a call or
- Send the electronic file of your plans(in *.pdf format) and we will provide you with our
- Proposal for the services within 24 hours.
Once approved by you, we will start the take-off and pricing and submit to you the
Jarhaus' Cost Estimate in both hard and soft copies.
- Are you responsible for your estimate?
There are no guarantees or warranties. After the
estimate leaves our
office we do not have any control over the project
however we use experienced
estimators and have a client repeat rate of over
- How do we know that we will get an accurate estimate?
We have been in business for many years with an 80% client repeat rate.
An accurate estimate is our goal. With our experienced estimators it is our
business to provide reliable estimates.
- How long does it take to get an estimate?
It depends on the job but usually 1 – 2 weeks
on smaller jobs
and 4 to 6 weeks on larger. Each job will have a firm
turn around time
to meet your needs when we give you a quote for our
services. We will
get it to you so you have enough time to review it and
get quotes on major
material & equipment purchases. We do not have the
an estimator at a construction company has.
- Can you do check estimates?
Yes all kinds.
- How long have you been estimating?
The combined professional experience of our estimators spans two decades of construction estimating.
- Can I get the job in a spreadsheet form?
Yes our standard procedure is to provide the estimate on a standard